Blocked Toilet Drains
Trusted blocked toilet plumbers Sutherland Shire
Do you have a blocked toilet? Believe it or not, this is one of the most common blockages in most households. A blocked toilet drain can be due to a number of different reasons but the most common is too much toilet paper. This build up of toilet paper can block the pipe and results in the toilet not being able to flush properly or even at all.
Blocked toilets are messy, can overflow and also damage your carpeting. If you have a blocked toilet, do not flush the toilet repeatedly or use DIY remedies as it can worsen the problem. Simply call our emergency plumbers and we will take care of the blockage.
BOOK A BLOCKED TOILET DRAIN SPECIALIST
Expert Toilet Plumbers Sutherland Shire and Sydney
Everyday Plumbing offer toilet plumbing services all across Sydney regions, including Inner West, Eastern Suburbs, Sydney CBD, Sutherland Shire, Canterbury-Bankstown, St George and Liverpool. Our team of experienced plumbers can help with clearing blocked toilet drains.
For fully licensed and reliable Sydney based plumbers, look no further than Everyday Plumbing. Our emergency plumbers are available 24/7, 365 days. So if you need a plumber to fix a toilet now, we can get there quick.
Why do toilets drains get blocked?
There are other reasons that can contribute to your toilet being blocked and not flushing. The could be:
- Flushing things down the toilet: It is a common misconception that you can flush various objects down your toilets, such as baby wipes and the beloved goldfish. In actuality, toilets are only designed to flush the 3P's - toilet paper (in moderation), pee, and poo. Anything other than those are prone to creating a blockage within the toilet.
- Not enough water pressure: It isn't always the toilet's fault, sometimes other factors can come into play such as not enough water pressure. If you have weak pressure your toilet will fail to fill up correctly and then as a result not be able to flush correctly causing things to be partially flushed and become a blockage.
- Tree roots and other foreign bodies: It is always a bad idea to flush tree roots down the toilet (kidding). It is common however that the trees outside can crack into your pipes and then their roots grow inside. This is known as a tree intrusion and is commonly found in older homes or homes with clay piping.
When to call a toilet plumber?
Everyone has flushed the toilet multiple times to get the blockage to disappear sometimes this fixes the issue and sometimes it won't. Dispite your best efforts using a plunger, flushing multiple times, using a drain cleaner or a remedy found on google. You really need to know when to stop and call a plumber. Believe it or not, some of those things listed above can actually make the blockage worse and harder to fix.
Luckily for you, there is a simple 3 step rule that can help in deciding to get a professional
1) Check to see any visible blockages.
2) Plunge the toilet to help dislodge the blockage.
3) Flush the toilet, to see if the blockage has gone.
If after three cycles of the about steps and your toilet is still blocked it is a good time to call a plumber.
Note: When plunging you need to ensure that you are using the correct type of plunger for your toilet. A good plunger will cover the toilet pipe and create a good vacuum when plunging.
How does a plumber fix a blocked toilet?
Most plumbers will have tools specific to unblocking drains. Depending on the type of blockage will depend on what tools and procedure the plumber will have to undertake. For example, we will explain how you would remove a toilet paper blockage.
First, the plumber will diagnose what type of blockage there is (in this example it is a build up of toilet paper)
The plumber may then use a plunger to try and dislodge the blockage. (If this fails they will then step up a notch)
A water jetter (aka pressure washer) will be put into your toilet and blast the blockage in the hopes to dislodge it. (If in the rare and super extreme 10 metres worth of toilet paper kind of blockage)
A drain snake or auger will be brought in. This will be fed into your toilet and will mince up whatever the blockage is into little pieces allowing the toilet to flush properly again.
Local Blocked Toilet Plumbers Sutherland Shire and Sydney
If you have a blocked toilet then give us a call on 0406400200 and one of our friendly plumbers will be able to assist you. Alternatively, if you prefer to make a booking you can use our online booking form.
DRAINAGE SOLUTIONS FAQ
The excitement of buying a new home is a great feeling, all of that hard work and saving has finally paid off. During the buying investigation and pre-purchase process get a property inspection conducted. This is typically limited to a visual building inspection of both the inside and out...Learn More
For more in depth drainage solutions information visit our Drainage solutions Information page