Thermostatic mixing valve testing Sydney & Sutherland Shire
Everyday Plumbing and Gas Services hot water plumbers can take care of your routine TMV testing and maintenance requirements throughout the Sutherland Shire and Sydney's southern suburbs. Protect your family, patients, clients or students with routine thermostatic mixing valve testing.
BOOK TMV TESTING TODAY
What does a TMV do?
Facilities have a duty of care to maintain a safe environment for all those using their property. This includes the delivery of hot water at a safe temperature, whilst reducing the risk of Legionella bacteria growth in water storage tanks. This can be achieved by installing and maintaining a thermostatic mixing valve (TMV).
The TMV blends hot water with cold to reduce the temperature of the water coming from the hot water system from the storage temp of 60℃+ to a much safer 50 or 45℃ outlet temperature. This measure helps prevent scalding and burns.
Thermostatic mixing valves are often installed in the following centres to ensure delivery of a constantly safe hot water supply:
- Nursing homes
- Child care centres
- Shopping and retail centres
- Respite facilities
- Aged care facilities
- Schools and after school care
- Restaurant bathrooms and hand wash areas
Thermostatic mixer valve maintenance
Due to the high-risk groups who use these facilities TMV testing and maintenance needs to be carried out regularly to ensure a consistent hot water temperature.
Required TMV testing schedule
Australian Standard AS4032.3 TMV testing requirements:
- Thermostat and o-rings replaced every 5 years
- Testing, inspection and maintenance every 12 months
Recommended TMV servicing and tests
Testing and maintenance of the TMV:
- Cleaning debris out of the strainer
- Check non-return valve operation
- Check discharge temperature at the nearest outlet
- Test hot and cold water shut off function
- Replace (every 5 years) or lubricate (yearly) dynamic o-rings
Your local TMV test and servicing specialists Sutherland Shire & Sydney
HOT WATER FAQ
For more in depth hot water information visit our Hot water Information page